Friends of Backcountry Wok: Mikayla Hong
1. What is your favourite hike/overnighter?
I'd have to say my favorite hike is Flatiron Peak in the Coquihalla Summit Recreation Area.
2. Why do you explore the outdoors? What is your favourite thing about exploring the outdoors?
I like exploring the outdoors because it allows me to escape the city for a bit and connect with my friends and family in more meaningful ways other than social media.
3. Any memorable or funny hiking story to share?
While hiking down a Buntzen Lake trail, no one realized we made a wrong turn and ended up looping back up to the top - resulting in a 40 minute detour!
4. What would you say is your biggest hiking/camping splurge?
My biggest splurge was probably an Arc’teryx jacket!
5. If you had to give your top tip for people starting on their first outdoor hike, what would it be?
Make sure you go with people who are experienced and have all the proper equipment! Also don’t forget food (like Backcountry Wok).